An exempt employee shall be offered an Employment Agreement for the services to be rendered and, based on the needs of the College, may be appointed on a full-time, temporary, part-time, quarterly, or consultant basis, as determined by the President.
- Initial Appointment – a person hired into an exempt position shall be offered an employment agreement delineating the terms and conditions of employment, and shall also be provided an appointment letter specifying the appointment dates and pay information for each appointment period.
- Employee Duty to Fulfill Obligations – it is the duty of every employee to fulfill his/her obligation under the terms of his/her employment agreement, and expectations of his/her appointment subject to the resignation provisions as defined by College Policy ADSV 207.
- College Duty to Fulfill Obligations – it is the duty and obligation of the College to fulfill its obligation as to the terms of an appointment of an employee subject to the reassignment or separation provisions as defined by College Policy ADSV 207.
- Temporary Appointment – an appointment letter for a temporary appointment may also include the expected end date of the temporary appointment.
- Employed At-Will – a regular exempt employee is considered to be “at-will” and serves at the pleasure and discretion of the appointing authority. Regular employees are appointed on an at-will basis subject to the notice of separation provisions set forth in College Policy ADSV 207.
A temporary exempt employee is considered to be “at-will” and serves at the pleasure and discretion of the appointing authority. Temporary exempt employees are appointed on an “at-will” basis and are not subject to the notice of separation provisions as defined by College Policy ADSV 207.
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance and information regarding the appointment of an exempt employee. The provisions of this policy are not intended to supersede any rights provided for, or provide any rights not otherwise provided for, by law.
To Whom Does This Policy Apply
This policy applies to all persons hired into exempt positions, including executive, administrative and professional positions, and excluding the President of the College. This policy does not apply to academic, classified, part-time temporary employees or volunteers.
College Administrative Policy - Employment Categories
See College Policy ADSV 207 – Reassignment, Separation and Resignation
Appointment – the position to which an employee has been hired, except that after hire, the position to which an employee is assigned.
At-Will – employed at the pleasure and discretion of the appointing authority. The appointing authority may separate the employee for any reason at any time and is limited only by notice of separation as defined by College Policy ADSV 207 = Reassignment, Separation and Resignation.
See College Policy – Definitions