The Student Learning Centers are online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
We are open IN PERSON!
visit the Writing & Tutoring Center in building 7, room 221, to get face-2-face help fall quarter!
- Tutoring (drop-in and appointments)
- Open study Spaces
- Computers available
Hours: M-Th 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Fri 9:00 - 3:00
Location: Writing tutoring is found in the Writing & Tutoring Center, located in Building 7, Room 221 (upstairs above the library)
Courses covered: In-person (drop-in and appointment) tutoring available for biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, math, and all writing courses and writing across the curriculum, including ESL.
To make an appointment: call 253-566-6032, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our center
Tutoring at TCC...together online!
The WTC, BEC, and MARC have joined forces on Zoom.
- Mondays - Thursdays 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Fridays 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Sundays 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Here is how to find us
Start here by clicking on Tutoring Support at TCC
- Self-enroll (only first time)
- Open course (which will be added to your Canvas courses)
You’ll find . . .
- Tutoring options for math, science, writing, English, social sciences, and business courses.
- The link to our Virtual Tutoring Center on Zoom
- Live drop-in and appointment tutoring
- Tutoring Schedules
- “Submit a paper” program to get feedback on your writing
- Link to eTutoring
- Handouts and Resources!
Here are some details about each access method
ZOOM: LIVE TUTORING
Science tutoring, supported by the WTC (biology, A&P, physics, chemistry, engineering)
To access Zoom sessions (free to TCC students)
We will send the MEETING ID NUMBER by email and make accessible in the Portal so you can access these services. If you miss it or have questions, please see the contact info at the bottom of this page:
- Navigate to zoom.us (https://zoom.us/)
- Select Join a Meeting from the header
- Enter the meeting ID number, that you’ll get by email.
- You will be prompted with questions regarding your audio and video preferences
- After selecting your preferred audio and video use, you will be placed in a waiting room
- The assigned staff member will add you to the session and assist you with your questions in the order that you enter
CANVAS: LIVE TUTORING & PAPER SUBMISSIONS
For writing tutoring for English, ESL, EAP, ABE courses, social science and humanities courses, and for all other writing questions and assignments
To access Canvas Writing Tutoring (free to TCC students)
- Click on this URL to self enroll in our Canvas course.
- Or, enroll in WRITE096, a one-credit course, to receive regular online help from the same tutor every week. See contact information below.
e-TUTORING: LIVE TUTORING & PAPER SUBMISSIONS
Available for many TCC courses! Log on and check out the list, which includes Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science (Java & C++ only), Math (Developmental through Trigonometry), Physics, Spanish, Statistics, and all Writing
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students)
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
How can we help?
The Writing & Tutoring Center improves your work by giving you a resource for:
- Asking questions about the project or subject you’re working on
- Providing feedback on your work
- Giving you strategies for improving your understanding, study techniques, and writing skills
- Helping you become a better writer, thinker, learner, student!