Welcome to Spring Quarter.

Covid-19: TCC’s Safe Start practices. Get Virtual Help. Information for Current Students.

tcc students social distancing six feet apart

Community Resources

Find community resources to help families through the coronavirus outbreak.  

Community Resources 

From the federal government to your local food bank, there are many resources to help families get through this challenging time.

Is there a centralized location where I can find local resources? 

Graduate Tacoma and The Tacoma Urban League have partnered to build a directory of local resources, from drive-up school meal sites to basic needs relief to remote learning tools. Visit the Tacoma COVID-19 Resources site to search for Tacoma-area resources.  

Where can I get the financial help I need for my family or my small business? 

Where can I get help with housing? 

  • Find Pierce County emergency housing assistance for renters, mortgages, and veteran renters and home-owners. 
  • If you live in the City of Tacoma and need help with rent, apply for a $1,000 one-time award through the City of Tacoma's Rental Assistance Program by July 15. 
  • Know your rights as a tennant -- read a summary of Governor Inslee's COVID-19 Washington Housing Law Updates as of June 2, 2020, posted by the Tacomaprobono Housing Justice Project. 
  • Obtain "Renter's Readiness" certification free through a series of online workshops starting July 10, offered by the Tacomaprobono Housing Justice Project and Tacoma Pride (must attend all three sessions to obtain certification): 
    •          Session One, Landlord/Tennant rights & responsibilities: Friday, July 10, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. 
    •         Session Two, Accessing Community Resources: Friday, July 17, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. 
    •         Session Three, Financial Capability: Friday, July 24, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. 
  • Get rental assistance through the Associated Ministries. Contact them online or call 253-383-3056 ext. 128. 

Where can I get help with food?

Is TCC still offering a student ORCA pass? 

  • TCC has waived the $10 fee and is offering free Pierce Transit ORCA passes for students, good all summer quarter.  Apply for a pass here.

 Where can I find information about schools and childcare? 

The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department COVID-19 Information for Schools and Childcare

How can I keep my kids learning while the schools are closed? 

Visit the Tacoma Public Schools online resources page

Share tips with local parents on the 253 Parents Get Resourceful Facebook page

Find online resources through the Tacoma Public Library system

Get free sample schedules and online learning resources through Khan Academy

What if my home isn't a safe place for me or my kids? 

Contact the Pierce County YWCA if you need emergency shelter, advocacy and support. 

How can I help my community? 

There is a great need for blood donations right now, but donations must be pre-scheduled. Schedule a blood donation

The Nourish Pierce County food truck that visits TCC on Tuesday nights relies on volunteers. Contact bmclean@tacomacc.edu to volunteer. 

The TCC Emergency Fund provides TCC students with short-term assistance when they encounter issues that might cause them to drop out of school. You can donate through the TCC Foundation.  

How can I find mental health resources?  

IDMH COVID19 Community Stress Management Tip Sheet

WA State Coronavirus Response

Coping with Covid-19 Related Grief

How to Respond to COVID-19 Racism

Helpful tips if you already struggled with mental health issues before the pandemic:

How to cope with uncertainty –  American Foundation of Suicide Prevention

How to manage anxiety and isolation during quarantine

Useful strategies to manage anxiety and loneliness when practicing social distancing

National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) COVID-19 Resource Guide

Tips for Parents

The Pacific Anxiety Group (PAG) is pleased to provide a free, online support group for anyone looking to connect and support one another as we navigate life in this new era of COVID-19.