Transfer Credits to TCC

After applying to Tacoma Community College have official transcripts from every institution that you have attended sent to Enrollment Services for evaluation. Official Transcripts will only be accepted if sent electronically directly from the institution or mailed from the institution. Official printed transcripts in a sealed envelope will also be accepted 24/7 at our Drop Box location.  

Tacoma Community College
Enrollment Services, Bldg. 7
6501 S. 19th St
Tacoma, WA 98466

Transcript Evaluations

Transcripts provided to Tacoma Community College become a part of your permanent record and cannot be copied, returned or removed.

Student Advising

Unofficial Transcript Evaluation

Some courses at Tacoma Community College have prerequisite requirements that block your ability to register until the prerequisite has been satisfied. If you have taken the prerequisite course at another regionally accredited institution, official transcripts must be sent to TCC for evaluation. However, an unofficial transcript can be used to receive an unofficial evaluation by Placement. They can place milestones to meet  pre-requisites allowing you to enroll in the course(s). 

Unofficial Evaluation
Blooming flower on tree

Official Transcript Evaluation

Official transcripts should be sent from the transfer institution to Enrollment Services. Official transcripts are evaluated after a student has enrolled in classes. Allow 6-8 weeks for an official transcript evaluation. Unofficial transcripts, grade reports and online printouts will not be accepted for an official evaluation. To view your official transcript evaluation login to your ctcLink Account. Select Student Homepage and navigate to the Academic Records tile. Select the View Transfer Credit Report tab. For any questions regarding your official evaluation contact

ctcLink Account


SBCTC Unofficial Information for Advisors and Staff

Grades and Courses from the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) listed below can appear in the Advisee Student Center to Staff and Advisors for unofficial evaluations. This is due to sharing parts of the same ctcLink system. This unofficial information does not replace the official evaluation process. To process an official evaluation we require Official Transcripts from all institutions including the SBCTC listed below. Once the official evaluation is complete students will be able to see credits accepted in their Student Homepage--> Academic Records -Transfer Credit Report

Courses from some of these institutions will not indicate as transferred in the Advisee Student Center instead the course will indicate, "Taken".  This example indicates ENGL& 101 was, "Taken". Attached to ENGL& 101 is a decimal point instead of a letter grade. A quick indicator that the class listed was not, "Taken" at TCC is the decimal point grade. TCC does not assign decimal grades but instead letter grades. In this case  direct students to submit official transcripts for evaluation.

Bates Technical College, Bellevue Courses, Bellingham Technical College, Big Bend Community College, Cascadia College, Centralia College, Clark College, Clover Park Technical College, Columbia Basin College, Edmonds College, Everett Community College, Grays Harbor College, Green River College, Highline College, Lake Washington Institute of Technology, Lower Columbia College, North Seattle College, Olympic College, Peninsula College, Pierce College Fort Steilacoom, Pierce College Puyallup, Renton Technical College, Seattle Central College, Shoreline Community College, Skagit Valley College, South Puget Sound Community College, South Seattle College, Spokane Community College, Spokane Falls Community College, Walla Walla Community College, Wenatchee Valley College, Whatcom Community College, Yakima Valley College  

Advisee Student Center

Reverse Transfer

Reverse articulation allows eligible students to receive their associate degree after transferring to a four-year institution. Students who transfer prior to completing their associate degree can complete any remaining requirements as part of their baccalaureate degree program and apply those credits back to Tacoma Community College to receive their associate degree.

To have credits from baccalaureate institutions evaluated for a reverse transfer official transcripts are required. Visit Reverse Transfer/ Articulation to learn more.

Reverse Transfer Articulation 

Quick Links