All tutoring will be online, in Zoom and Canvas, until the campus re-opens for in-person tutoring. Links to online programming are below.
The Student Learning Centers are online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
Math Advising Resource Center (MARC)/Business Education Center (BEC): The MARC and BEC will be in a combined center for fall quarter and will offer drop-in and appointment tutoring for accounting, business, business math, computer user, economics, and IT courses
- Drop-in and appointment tutoring for accounting, business, business math, computer
user, economics, and IT courses
- Note: Since each tutor is not able to tutor all of the above courses please call (253-566-5145) before stopping by to make sure we have a tutor available for your specific subject.
- Open study Spaces
- Computers available
Hours: Monday through Thursday: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm; no tutors available for business courses on Fridays.
Location: The MARC and BEC staff are located in Building 19 Room 22 (south end of building 19).
To make an appointment: call 253-566-5145 or stop by our center
Tutoring at TCC...together online!
The WTC, BEC, and MARC have joined forces on Zoom.
Here is how to find us
Click on Tutoring Support at TCC
- Self-enroll (only first time)
- Open course (which will be added to your Canvas courses)
TCC’s Online Tutors: Online drop-in and appointment tutoring for accounting, business, business math, computer user, economics, and IT courses
Hours: M- Th 10am – 8pm
How to access: Follow the link found on Tutoring Support at TCC Canvas page (select “Tutoring Support at TCC” above, then choose link “I want to meet with a tutor in zoom now!” and the “Click Here” link)
You’ll find . . .
- Tutoring options for math, science, writing, English, social sciences, and business courses.
- The link to our Virtual Tutoring Center on Zoom
- Live drop-in and appointment tutoring
- Tutoring Schedules
- “Submit a paper” program to get feedback on your writing
- Link to eTutoring
- Handouts and Resources!
Additional support through e-TUTORING: LIVE TUTORING
Available support in etutoring for Statistics, Accounting, Economics, and Microsoft Office.
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students)
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
Get paid to help your fellow students
Tutoring is a paid position with a time commitment of 5-12 hours per week. Qualified applicants will have a desire to facilitate the learning of their fellow students, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong recommendation from an instructor in the discipline they are supporting, and previous completion of the course they support with a 3.0 or better.
To apply, visit Careers at TCC and select the job title Tutor, Dedicated Tutor, and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader – Pool.