The Student Learning Centers are online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
Tutoring at TCC...together online!
The WTC, BEC, and MARC have joined forces on Zoom.
Here is how to find us
Start here by clicking on Tutoring Support at TCC
- Self-enroll (only first time)
- Open course (which will be added to your Canvas courses)
You’ll find . . .
- Tutoring options for math, science, writing, English, social sciences, and business courses.
- The link to our Virtual Tutoring Center on Zoom
- Live drop-in and appointment tutoring
- Tutoring Schedules
- “Submit a paper” program to get feedback on your writing
- Link to eTutoring
- Handouts and Resources!
Here are some details about each access method
ZOOM: LIVE TUTORING
All math tutoring, supported by the MARC
To access Zoom sessions (free to TCC students)
We will send the MEETING ID NUMBER by email and make accessible in the Portal so you can access these services after April 5.
If you miss it or have questions, please see the contact info at the bottom of this email:
- Navigate to zoom.us (https://zoom.us/)
- Select Join a Meeting from the header
- Enter the meeting ID number
- You will be prompted with questions regarding your audio and video preferences
- After selecting your preferred audio and video use, you will be placed in a waiting room
- The assigned staff member will add you to the session and assist you with your questions in the order that you enter
Additional support through eTUTORING: LIVE TUTORING
Available MATH support in etutoring: Math (Developmental through Trigonometry) and statistics.
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students):
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
Other Important Information
If you still have a resource checked out from the MARC (book or calculator), we ask that you keep the resource until our center opens again to students. After we reopen you will have two weeks to contact us or return the resource before any additional charges or penalties are applied. Please email the MARC email@example.com with questions about returns
Math Advising: Permission Codes/Milestone/Math Advice
If you need help with any Math Advising you can email the MARC firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Advising FAQs
Do you need advice about which math classes to take for your area of study or need help with math placement to get into a math class? Our Math Advising staff can help you with your options.
Get paid to help your fellow students
Tutoring is a paid position with a time commitment of 5-12 hours per week. Qualified applicants will have a desire to facilitate the learning of their fellow students, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong recommendation from an instructor in the discipline they are supporting, and previous completion of the course they support with a 3.0 or better.
To apply, visit Careers at TCC and select the job title Tutor, Dedicated Tutor, and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader – Pool.